If there is anything near to heart attack or something that can actually cause a heart attack…
it is that moment when you come back from shopping or job or college to the car parking lot and notice that your car is not there anymore.
Carjacking has been one of the most organized crimes in big Pakistani metros like Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad.
This is one of those crimes that leave a family or a person devastated. There are two very important reasons why carjacking is such a sensitive issue:
- Firstly, it is a big economic loss, because, with the devaluation of Pakistani currency and the having known how three big companies have manipulated the market, everyone knows that buying a new or even an old car takes a lot of money and sometimes a lot of time too.
- Secondly, with the advent of the housing market, almost every big city in Pakistan is losing agricultural land. There has been a mass trend of new housing societies and they do not have a proper transportation setup. This means that if a victim of carjacking lives in a society in the outskirts of a city, they would have to buy a new or used car.
Car Security Challenges in Lahore
Here is a list of some of the very well-known car security challenges in Lahore.
- Theft of battery or other items – One of the very effective, very short term and very common car security challenges is not the car theft itself, but stealing car’s battery, DVD player, speakers/boosters or alloy rims.
A thief just crack opens the window and gets away with your expensive belongings or they just open the hood and get away with your car’s battery.
- Car Theft in Lahore – When it hits the fan there is nothing that you can do. The most despicable car security challenge is carjacking. There are many ways of doing it, but here is how it is done mostly:
- Open the hood by burning, exposing and pulling the hood’s connection wire and then cut off the alarm wire as soon as you reach the hood.
- With sabotaging the alarm, the thief knows that the car will not alarm the owner.
- Reach the rear door of a car and break the small car window glass partitioned by a mullion. Make sure that sound is muffled by a cloth.
- Now reach the door, open the lock, then open the lock of the driver’s door, use the wires to start the car and get away from the scene.
How TrackerZone Can Help?
In case you have a proper car tracking device, and not only the alarm, but you will also be able to save your prized possession from leaving the city and to get it back.
Here is how this can be done:
- In Lahore, most of the small cars e.g. Suzuki Mehran, Alto, WagonR are not taken out of the city after the theft. They are taken to Bilal Ganj and then each and every body part is sold separately. With a car tracking and engine jamming system in your car, you can stop that from happening.
- Big cars are mostly loaded on trucks and taken to KPK or Tribal Areas. While engine jamming would not help in this case, you can always track the car on your cellphone (with app) and lead the police to the stolen car.
In either way, you can save your car even after it is stolen.